Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just another week (6/7/10)


Bula,

How's the family and friends? I am doing great!! There have been some great things going on in the Marshallese and Tongan area. Because we have now picked up the Elders area we have a baptism this Saturday. Here is the story are you ready, it is amazing and really a miracle...

Richard and Sally are both from the Marshall Islands and they moved here about a month and a half ago. They came to be with some family. Back on the island when Richard was growing up he would make fun of Mormons. He would throw rocks at the missionaries and steal their bikes or slash their tires. He would do whatever he could to make them feel bad or to run away. He was terrible and his brother was is a member and he would kick him out all the time and do mean things to him. Richard would get drunk all the time and try to find different women each weekend. His family told him he should date Sally because she was a good girl and close to the family. Well they started to date, dated for almost 4 years then they moved here. The whole time they were dating she would ask Richard to marry her but he would say "NO" because she was married before. He didn't want something used. She would continue asking. Anyway he said he would keep her around and think about marrying her, when really he was looking for an American girl. So that puts us to last month...

The Elders found then and started teaching Sally, she was very receptive loved the church right away and wanted to be baptized. Richard would leave the house and even say mean things to Sally for letting the missionaries in. It was really sad. But one day the Elders caught him and trapped him. They taught a lesson to both of them and when they left Richard told Sally to have the Elders back the next day. MIRACLE... so they came and kept teaching them. It had been about a month since he had beer and he started to change his attitude. Decided he wanted to marry Sally and so Sunday they were Married. Step one to baptism, step two baptize on Saturday!! We are so excited. I love them they are both such amazing people and I have a great relationship with Richard got him to open up and tell us all his concerns. He confessed all he did to us yesterday and how bad he felt for doing things to the missionaries before. He is a great man and will make a great leader in the future. so Step three is the Temple!! It's a beautiful thing missionary work. That's all I have to say.
We have a lot of people we are working with and they either need to get married or they need to get divorced so we are trying to accomplish all of that before we can move on. Pray that miracles may happen and we will find those who are ready for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!! Because that is what I am here for.

I also need to give a shout out to Mary sorry this is a little late to say Happy Birthday I have to do it on P-days but Happy Birthday you are wonderful and I hope all is well and Krusty Mae in 2 days happy birthday your card is held hostage until I get those pictures so no birthday until then sorry lady. and I made oti today!!! It's amazing Tongan drink that I am obsessed with so I will make it when I get home. it's YUM!! And Mango is my favorite fruit in the world just so you all know how delicious they are.

Well I think that is all I have for today I had a great week with lots of fun and TONS of food. 2-3 dinners a night, how can you go wrong, eh? The Church is still true and I am a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ and it has never been more real to me then it is now. I am the watchman over these people, if I don't sound my trump their blood is on my hands. Missionary work is such a privilege and I am so blessed to be a missionary. Thanks to all of you for your love and support you give to me. I love you all and thank you for the pictures they are phenomenal. I will end saying Paul is the man! The best missionary to walk this earth. i have been studying him recently to learn how I can be a better missionary and WOW I love him and admire everything he did and those chapters mean so much to me now I'm a missionary living it the way he did.

Ok that's all, Love you and hope you have a great week and if you haven't written to me in the past month you prolly should do so immediately!

Ij yokwe yuk, ofa atu, and I love you!!

Love Sister Holt
Be Happy and keep smiling

No comments: