Thursday, June 3, 2010

Transfer Calls (6/1/10)



Pic 1 Pops here is your picture of me with a smile not being crazy
Pic 2 One of my favorite marshallese families!! the Jordans I love them, and look how white I am haha

Hello and still Yakwe and Bula and Malo e le le,

Yup that's right I'm staying right where I am!! I love it and this is exactly what I wanted. This week has been the craziest week of my life I'm pretty sure. So much has happened. I love my companions more than anything in this world. We have made it through so much. We are covering the Tongans and now we have all of the Marshallese (we had elders in the ward also before) but not anymore. It's gonna be crazy and now we have a senior couple coming to work in the marshallese program they will work with the Less actives and the recent converts. Woot woot.

Lets see we had Marshallese independence day celebration this week and while we were there some members came and told us about part of their family getting into a car crash. It was our Recent Convert Asako and our Investigator Joe. The ones we are trying to get divorced so we can marry them. We went to the hospital to see them (she is pregnant) they are ok Joe's back hurts and the baby is doing good. But we arrived and we asked what we can do to help Joe said "let's pray" it was so good. We gathered in prayer and found worthy members to come and give them blessings. How I love the Gospel and the protection and comfort you recieve from it. The grandma got hurt she is over 80 yrs old and is the mom of most of the marshallese here. she is having surgery on her leg today so pray everything will go smooth.

We were able to go to the temple today and do a session. It has been so long since I have done a session I think since December. It feels so good. I miss going to the Temple so everyone must go to the temple for me. The temple is such a beautiful place and I feel the spirit so strong. I was one of the last to go into the Celestial Room but the feeling I had waiting to go it. I was so anxious I can't even describe I just wanted to be there with all the other missionaries. We are so lucky to be able to go to the Temple. I loved it today with all the missionaries. I love thinking that there are so many young men and women that are worthy to go to the temple and that know the importance of it and want to go.

The other day I was laying in bed and I couldn't sleep, we were all talking and I was playing with the bed above me and it fell down. On me, but luckily no scars just a small scratch. Crazy me you think i would get over my stupid things but I haven't, not yet. and Sister Shumway came to visit and I got to go to lunch with her. It was so fun I miss her guts I can't wait until the time I have to play with her.

We have a baptism this week (the elders taught them before) but Sally has been waiting for so long to get baptized but richard didin't want to but now he told us he wants to be baptized he is just really nervous. So they are getting married and baptized this week. yeah it's so great. I love being a missionary and seeing how happy these people are here. And we took Florence on a temple tour saturday and she felt so good. But she is having a hard time seeing the difference between this church and hers.

Well that is all for now I just want to let you all know the importance of obedience and being accountable for yourself. I learned that this week. I know the importance of obedience and the blessings that are received because of it. But you can't blame others for not being obedient and you can't blame them for things not going right in your life becvause you are not obedient. But I know how good it feels to be obedient, you don't have to worry about things because you know you are doing the right.

Well Brothers and Sisters the church is true and my goal from here on out is to not take a moment for granted because it is so short. I can't believe it has been a transfer already. I know I say that all the time but I really mean it. Time has flown by the harder you work the faster it goes. I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks have in store for me. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I mean that because I have learned how much you have all done for me before my mission and now while I'm on my mission. I don't take any of you for granted anymore. I really appreciate all of you and your letters and help you give me here on my mission. I love you

Love Sister Holt
Be Happy and Keep Smiling

No comments: