Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yakwe (5/24/10)

Malo'e'lele

OK hello how are you all? This week has been a crazy week with lots of challenges and some success. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! I just had to get that out. I don't have a lot of time because we had the day of Unity with the whole mission today!!! Oh my it was so funny. But back to this week.

We had so many people come to church this week it was so good to see them. The Marshallese Branch is growing. We don't have any new members but a lot of the recent converts came and they were in white shirts and ties. Such a beautiful sight. and one of the new members blessed the sacrament this week. So that was great great great.

One of the sad things but it will be fixed no worries. Anjalee is an investigator. He is solid, reads, prays, wants to be baptized and even walked a couple miles to an activity. So whats the hold up--- he has a girl friend and 2 kids. Ok no problem we marry them. We will but we need to tell him he is 23 and doesn't need his mom's permission from the marshall islands. Ok we will do that but now the last thing stopping him. He has to go to church. He wants to but his girlfriend is yelling at him and won't let him. It's so sad but we have had this before. She will soften her heart and let him get baptized and she will even get baptized herself. That's how we do it here in Sac town. We do it real big here.

Lets see other exciting news... We went to the temple tour this week it was so fun. We didn't have a tour guide so one of the other missionaries members just took over and did the tour I learned a lot it was really cool. I won't tell you what I learned because it's prolly something I should have know for a long time but now I know for the future eh. It was cold at the temple but cold for me now is um.... 60's

Yup sorry to say but that is all I have time for it is time to do a great big Family Home Evening with a lot of our investigators. I am so excited we are going to play the newly wed game. and next week is transfer week so I will be emailing on tuesday, weird time flies.

One thing I have loved and I think I am going to start doing is something I have learned in Personal Study or throughout the week. Today Pres Martinez said that we are all in this work together. Trying to help everyone so why, why, why in the world would we say something negative about another person that is in the same work as you? So my question to you is why, why, why would we say something negative about the people we love that are around us when we are in this together, or if they are those we are trying to help see the light. How does putting up a wall of hate and negative thoughts bring us closer to the Lord? I Love this work and I love the Lord, I know he is my Savior and that if we do things for him walls will come down and I can say from experience, if we take down those walls you can see a new beautiful person. The Gospel is true my dear friends and I am out to take down some walls now.

ij yakwe com,

Sister Holt

No comments: