Monday, May 3, 2010

2010!!!!!!!! (1/1/10)

Well it has been a great journey, this holiday season. Seen some amazing miracles and some not so nice people. It's all good because I am learning to love all people, recognize the spirit, recognize my testimony and all that comes with being a missionary. This email might be jumbled and disconnected but that's ok right?

Christmas was awesome thank you everyone that sent me something it was very thoughtful and I really didn't expect anything so it was a fun suprise. It's great to be a missionary during Christmas. I love working in the deaf program and working with my investigators. We now have 6 investigators. That is insane for the deaf program. They live all over the place so it's a little challenging but it all works out. Ellen is doing amazing I love that women with all my heart. Everytime we go to her house she tells us about another huge trial she has overcome in her life. Our challenge with her right now is that she doesn't feel the atonement applies to her. She knows that Jesus died for everyone but she has never thought he died for HER. I was able to bear my testimony to her that I know as he was suffering in the Garden and was ready to give up He said, "I need to keep going Ellen is going to go throught these trials, have these sins, and these heart aches. I must go on so she is not alone." And that I know he did that he suffered that for her. It was really powerful to me because I didn't even think twice I just said it to her and it really strengthend my testimony of the atonement because it is true for all people. She is a strong person and I know she has the right desires it is just hard for her to recognize that. She also asked us about her son, he doesn't have the gospel and she said how am I going to convince him to go to church? Ahh, I was so happy when she said that. It was sooooo cool she knows the importance of church and why she needs to go. Her testimony is growing.

Roberto is awesome he wants to be baptized but he says he is not ready yet. He feels that he needs to know more and he still feels like he wants to be a Jehovah's Witness. I dunno what to do with him. We are just going to keep teaching him about the Priesthood so he recognizes the importance of the true priesthood with the proper authority.

Ron is a guy who has been going to church for a long time and then I asked him if he was a member. He's not but he just goes to church with his friend (he's 63). He is so ready to be baptized except he doesn't have a home. We can't baptize homeless people and he has no desire to find a home because it is cheaper. Well as soon as he finds a home he can be baptized, if he desires to find a home.

Sheri we taught once and she really loves it. She is coming to church on Sunday she lives out in Cameron Park 35 mins away so that is dedication. We will see her again tuesday.

Stephanie is cool she lives about 20 mins away but she seems pretty good. She is coming to church sunday... haha she has to, I left my coat at her apt. thats the way to do it. We will see her tuesday also.

Scott is doing good. He wants to be baptized so soon hopefully he can be. Pray for him that he will stay strong and quit smoking. He is cool I love him to death. I am sending a picture of him home and roberto. haha

Well that is all for right now I have to go. If you ask me questions then I will write back but until then I'm done. Hope to hear from you all soon!!! The church is true!!

Love sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: