Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (11/23/09)

Hey ma peeps,

ok I have a lot to catch up on... Today is a full prep day and the next couple of weeks my p-days are going to change because of holidays and such...

Tuesday Nov 17: Not much happened we were just meeting people that are less active and such then we had a potential deafie in Roseville so we went up there and tracted for a while. Didn't find them but we had a couple return appts. Bucky I was in Roseville is that weird... Do you know Whyte Ave and Roseville Rd? I was there. Then I got to eat at Costa Vida WOOT WOOT, the only one is in Roseville.

Wednesday: We have english class on wednesdays and so we made some plans since we had so many people come last week. Then we taught our NEW investigators Deandre and Tequila with their 4 kids. Deandre is deaf and they are awesome. We taught our less active Lee Ann help her stop smoking and she is so ready. Then we had english class but no one showed besides our faithful Jeremy... But it was ok because we had a blast with him. end of day

Thurday: More teaching and loving life. I gave a talk in district meeting. We taught deandre and tequila again they are planning on going to church. we tried to contact for 2 hours, which is our goal but it didn't happen we only got about 30 mins... but those 30 mins were precious. We talked to 13 people of those 13 we invited 8 to be baptized and those 8 we invited 6 set up return appts. How awesome is that. 6 returns in a half hour. Can't get better than that.

Friday: We taught a lot of less actives today... we were really late to things so we tried to contact but didn't quite get to it. We had dinner with a young couple, the comuso's they are awesome. It is Sandra and Buck twins in California. I love my life. Except Brian is a little girly so that part is not like buck.

Saturday: I taught Ellen this week she is golden. Her big concern is there is no proof. We left her with Alma 36 to read and help her and her son died when he was young and she struggles with that a lot. So we added a new investigator. the rest of the day we did some contacting and I went to my first baptism as a missionary. Not my baptism but my sisters taught her then handed her over to the elders and they baptized her. it was pretty sweet and I interpreted a lot of it and they understood me!! There is a couple in our stake that has a dinner for the whole zone each transfer. We went there it was delicious.

Sunday: We set up Deandre and tequila to go to a hearing ward near their house becasue a member has a big van and drives all the investigators to church. We interpreted for deandre and it just so happens that there is a certified interpreter in that ward. how cool is that. They don't have enough money to take the bus to the deaf branch so we are thinking the hearing ward is better than nothing. there are so many blessings and miracles that happen everyday. I love missionary work.

Monday: We tracted and tried to find some referals of places with potential deafies. not a lot of luck but we got 4 returns. Then we had dinner with the Steeds... They are a family that i have been to dinner at least once a week with. They are awesome. They are home away from home. Then we taught Casey and Daniel... non accountables (yes meaning mentally, they have handicaps) one has down syndrome Casey the other just has mental handicaps. They brighten my day everytime i see them. Casey's hugs are amazing they are like mom hugs.

Tuesday: We had mission tour with Elder Johnson from the quorum of the 70's. Also my last day with sis shumway. Sad day really I am so sad she has been a great mother. I have learned a lot from her. She lives in Cedar Hills so i told her to come visit hopefully she will soon. Which reminds me Mom there is a lady here, the relief society president of the branch. She sells DeMarle www.demarleathome.com (something like that) she is going to utah to have some parties and I informed that my family would love what she sells so mom give her a call 916-349-2490 End of december is when she going to utah. (anyone else can call her for a party) After the mission tour Sister Shumway left to the airport. It was really sad but i have sis brennan. It is all good. We had a really good day. Got some people to commit to church and the deaf christmas party next week. and we Taught Ellen again. She is so great. She did the whole reading and took notes. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and helped her with her son. It was so good. We left her to read Alma 32 one of my favorites. Hopefully this will help her faith to grow and see the proof is in her actions.

Wednesday: MIRACLE DAY. We contacted found 2 new deaf people one of them let us in and we taught him about the restoration. His name is Roberto, he said he might come to church but we are going to teach him again on friday. also while contacting another man let us teach him right there. We taught him the plan of salvation. He was way cool. He is not deaf so we taught him then passed him off to the elders. Then off to other people to teach. and Dinner. Then to english class but no one showed up so we followed our backup plans. Take christmas fliers around. Tyahna is a girl we met last week and havent been able to contact her again. We went to her appt. The gate was locked. Sis Brennan said a prayer. said, "we need to get in so open the gate in 5 mins." Looked at our watch exactly 5 mins later to the dot, no joke the gate opens. We got in and invited her to the christmas party and a return appt to teach her next week.

Thurday: Happy Thanksgiving... Today we played softball as a zone against another zone. I did dang awesome. scored 3 of the 10 points, one of them being a homerun. haha and I was playing in a short sleeve shirt and I'm pretty sure I got sun burned today, it's so hot. now I am going to the Steeds house for Thanksgiving. I am pretty excited. I have p-day this monday so you will hear from me soon.Love you all the church is true and there are so many miracles out there. Just look for them.

Love sister holt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: