Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Baby (3/15/10)

Ok life is great and especially life as a missionary. My district leader gave me this analogy the other day. I walk out to a park with bushes on the other side. I have 3 Frisbees and I take one of those Frisbees and throw it out into the bushes never to return again. I only have two Frisbees left. Ahh what am I to do. It is so sad I have been out 6 months I will be home this time next year. I love you all but I don't want it to go that fast.

Ok my baby SIster Cook she is amazing. She is a great signer (duh she is an interpreter) but she has a great spirit and can talk to just about anyone. She has that greenie fire and I am so happy. We get along great I don't know what else I could ask for. It is so wonderful to be with a person that can teach me to sign better and to become a better missionary. We have already laughed so hard and I feel like we have been friends forever. The 3 of us just have a party all day every day. So her first day here we went to see some deafies and the apt has an elevator so we go up and they are not there so we try to go back down. The elevator doesn't open so we decide to walk around and take the stairs. The elevator opens and Sister COok walks in. We try to get to it before it closes but,,, too late. Sister COok is in the elevator herself. And we are thinking we lost our companion. It was so weird. She disappeared for a minute or so, felt like forever. The elevator opens and she is yelling at us to get in the elevator. Hahahahahaha it was so funny. Maybe you just had to be there but I have a rebellious child, breaking the rules her first day.

We only have one investigator right now, Ellen. She is going to get baptized in the future i have the faith it is just waiting for her to know its right. She is struggling a little right now but we will keep working with her. I love that lady with all my heart and will do whatever I have to for her to get baptized. we are going on 5 months of working with her. Because we only have one investigator we are doing a lot of finding. Out looking for deafies and not finding a lot but we are feeling a miracle on it's way. I just know it!! So while we are out finding we get to talk to a lot of people. Muhammad is from Fiji, he is muslim and when he lived in Fiji he was a very rich man. He has two kids and he wanted them to have a good life so they moved to america so they could get an education that was recognized by other countries. When they moved here they started running a motel and the kids went to school. The motel shut down the wife got sent back to Fiji on false charges and now he is broke lives with his daughter and has started smoking because he is bored and just stressed about life, hasn't seen his wife in 2 years and can't find a job. He is such an amazing person, his eyes would light up when we talked about his kids. He really loves them and he gave up everything so that his kids could be happy. He used to work for the American Embassy in Fiji and he could go back and be rich again but he loves his kids and knows that we would rather be with them. He said we could come back and teach him more about the gospel so we handed his name over to the Elders and I pray that something good comes from that.
The other cool guy we met this week was Elijah he was from Serbia spoke really good english. He was talking about the 10 commandments and some other interesting things. One thing he said that really struck me that I thought was beautiful. He said that you look at peoples skin there is black, white, red, yellow. but what color is their blood? Everyone's blood is red, blood is what makes us live. So we are all brothers and sisters because we all have the same blood. Ah it is amazing, being a missionary you meet so many amazing people that I just love. I can't believe it. I love every second of it. Hopefully I will meet some more amazing people this week that I can tell you about next week. Maybe some will even be deaf (Holla).
The last lady I met her name is Cherie, short for Ma Cherie Edens she is amazing I love her. SHe is an "amassador for all religions" and she is now my aunt cherie. She told me to come by and visit anytime I want to. I have her email and I am going to email her every week and give her a spiritual thought of the week. She told me to email her about my spiritual journey to finding Jesus Christ. She will be baptized I know she will. HA I love this gospel how great is it? Can't get any better.

And Roberto had his interview this week so he can recieve the Priesthood next week and pass the Sacrament and do baptisms for the dead. I can't wait I am so excited for him. He is so happy also. Love that guy.!!

Love you all see you in a week!
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: