Monday, May 3, 2010

5 months (2/8/10)

Weird i have been on my mission 5 months now???? I'm getting so old.

Ok first my baby...Sister Hansen... She is from Logan Utah she is 23 just as sweet as can be. She has a testimony like a prophet and is very shy. She is doing a great job and we get along great. She is hard of hearing, her left ear she can hear 50% her right is completely deaf. She is a good signer and helps me a lot. I think things are gonna be great this transfer with her. I love you and I love being a trainer I feel so blessed and I have realized how much the Lord has prepared me to be here at this time. There were so many questions that I had when I first came into the mission field but now I know how amazing the Lords timing is. I am so greatful for the opportunity to be a missionary here right now. Thanks for all the love and support you give!!

Roberto still is set up for feb 27 and we are now teaching him stories of the Book of Mormon and he loves it all. He has quit drinking coffee for over a week now and beer for more than 3 weeks. I am very proud of him. He is one of those people that you tell him its bad and he just quits doing it. He has such a strong testimony and it took me a while to realize how strong it was and how amazing he is. He really does love everyone he meets and his face has lit up since we have started teaching him. I am so happy for him and can't wait for his future.

Ellen is making progress. She is firm in her commitments. She started reading the Book of Mormon from front to back and is in 2 nephi now. She thinks the story is great so now we are trying to get her to apply the stories to her life. It's kinda tough but she is coming along. I have such a love for her. This past week we taught her about the holy ghost. She wants the holy ghost and we showed her that when we are here she can feel it and then we leave and so does the holy ghost. When she reads and prays she feels it again and that is when she has hope that she will see her son again or that she can be happy. She wants that so bad but she says she is not ready to be baptized. So we are just waiting for her. She knows that it will happen adventually. Hopefully sooner than later though. We are visiting her tonight.

Scott is now working on his desire to quit smoking. We have made some great progress with him. He knows he needs to quit but he doesn't want to so we are gonna help him have a desire then we will help him quit. Especiallly since I just found out he had a 4 bypass surgery last august and he still smokes a pack a day. Man oh man he is in for it. So we have started visiting him everyday to give him that dose of the spirit he needs then he will begin to overcome the desire to smoke and want the spirit stronger. We shall see.

Ron is just ron he is moving back to Oregan in March so there is not much we can do with him. He comes back in June so we will baptize him then HA. He still comes to church every week and all the activities but hasn't quit drinking coffee or found a desire to park his RV. haha how funny he really is the coolest guy ever. I love all my investigators they are great.

Yesterday we were tracting and I had a YSA exchange. She was 16 her name was Lindsey and she was Bryan Trumps niece. hahaha anyway she is great. We knocked on a house and this man came out. He was questioning us like crazy, (the YSA was very quite so basically me) and the man was very knowledgable about the Gospel but he was Catholic. He was trying to get a specific answer out of me but I kept answering the way it should be and so he gave up and said but didn't Joseph Smith create the Church. HA i knew it!! I just explained that Jesus created the church and the prophets ran the church. It was a great discussion and there was no bashing whatsoever. I felt really good I could answer all the questions and also the fact that we had all the right answers. You wanna know why??? Because this is the only true church on the earth and in the Universe and I love this gospel with all my heart. It makes so much sense. This church is not true because I say it is true, this church is true because it is true. as Erika would say...

Well that was my week in a nut shell and next week is full of lots of adventures I can tell, it's gonna be awesome.

Love sister HOlt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: