Tuesday, May 4, 2010

7 months whhhhhhhhattttttttttttttt (4/12/10)

Hola Mi familia y amigos

Yup that's about the extent of my spanish if that is even right ha. What is new with all of you? It's kinda sad when you have been out for a little bit because NO ONE WRITES YOU ANYMORE!! ok i'm done complaining because really I am a happy camper and I can take naps on p-days and not have to write letters. haha

It has been a rainy week full of fun and enjoyment. Working hard and loving life. I can't believe this is the last week of the transfer, it's possible I will get transferred this transfer. Weird I've never transferred before. It's kinda exciting I am ready for a change. We had interviews with Pres Jardine this week and they were amazing. It is an eye-opener how much I need to improve and change. But I love it because I now have a new focus of what to do for this next transfer I LOVE INTERVIEWS!! Ok

On wednesday we had a returned missionary come out with us. She was amazing her name is Emerald and it was so fun. SHe went to Nashville on her mission. THat night we didnt' have dinner so she showed up at our apt with chipotle for each of us and it was so great. and ice cream yum.

Thursday we had a long list of people that we wanted to see so we just went through the list and saw as many as we could. We went to see Lee Ann and while we were there JT was outside and I saw him SMOKING (he just received the aaronic priesthood) ugh it was so frustrating so I talked to him about it and he denied it 100%!! Well what can you do maybe someday he will admit he needs help and we can help him but until then we just be praying for him. When we were tracting we ran into a lady and had a good long conversation with her about life after death and how we can be with families forever. She was Christian and has some amazing stories and her spirit was so strong. While she was telling us stories of her husband that died from a long suffering life with disease the spirit testified to me how true it is that there is life after. I had chills and such a spiritual experience that I will always remember. Then that night we had dinner with the Ellsworths and taught them after. THey are members but we Practice teach them every time they feed us. We played the newly wed game. It was lots of fun but we had their kids involved too then we talked about the Proclamation the the Family it went really well.

Friday we went up to Roseville. It was lots of fun, we went to Costa Vida for dinner and it was covered in members. Almost every person that walked into that restaurant came over to talk to us because they were members. It was kinda fun I felt like I was back home for a minute, then I walked outside and remembered I'm in Cali. We met lots of crazy people today that I am just so happy i met they went down in the journal. SOme had devil horns tattooed on their forehead and some knew sign language because they learned it in prison to talk back and forth and lots of fun stuff. But in personal study I was reading Alma 26:35 about the Atonement and as I was reading it I felt as though it was truly a voice from the dust. He was speaking directly to me. The Scriptures are true my brothers and sisters I know that for a fact. Good day

Saturday we went on exchanges SIster Cook went with SIster Pack and we got Sister Georges it was lots of fun. We taught a less active member, how, we watched "The Lamb of God" oh my what an amazing movie. I have seen it before but I just forgot about it, you all should watch it I was amazed. I felt the spirit so strong I didn't want the movie to end. But we related it to Church, Jesus did so much for us and one way, just one way we can show our love for him is by going to church and partaking of the Sacrament. It was perfect.

Sunday we spoke in a hearing ward it was great. SIster Cook's first time speaking. She went and the Erika ( a deafie) went and then I did. They left me about 20 mins to speak. Ha it was great I went over believe it or not but I enjoyed every second of it. I think it is funny because my "farewell" talk they said to be 10-15 mins and I was freakin out, how could i talk that long? now it's no problem at all 10 mins is short time. But the spirit testified to me that what i was saying was true and I felt the spirit and hope the members did too. I love the GOSPEL iT's TRUE!! Now we are on to the last week of the transfer and I am so excited for this week . We are going to kill it and the Lord is blessing us so much with the things we are doing everyday.

OK BYE LOVE YOUSister holt
Be happy and keep smiiling

No comments: