Monday, May 3, 2010

Here Again (2/22/10)

Hello hello,

Just another week in the sac neighborhood. Life is great we just went to the Zoo today for p-day and died of laughter a few times over. Had some great picture experiences. I love life as a missionary. Anyway Roberto is set up for March 7 I dunno if I told you that already. He went to a baptism with us yesterday and loved every second of it. He also went on a Temple Tour and had the biggest grin I have ever seen. He was shocked there was a temple there that close to him. We are excited for him.

Ellen on the other hand has been anti-ed. She now has a concern about the word of wisdom and we are going to do our best to help her progress but we are not sure what is going to happen. I'm really shocked about it but I know if it is not her time now we have planted good seeds that will grow in the future. Pray for her to feel the spirit again the way she did the other night and that she will want to progress.

This week we have some good appts set up that we hope will end up in new investigators that can help strengthen the branch. We helped Sandra Thrapp move yesterday. Oh boy is that a story. She lives up by the mission presidents house and so she asked if we could get some elders to help her move to a storage unit. We said sure and we got 6 elders to agree to saturday at 11 30. 10 15 the night before one elder calls and asks where she lives, I then gave him the location and he tells me it is out of their zone so they have to call for permission. He calls back quickly and says, "not only is it out of our zone but it is out of the mission. We have to have a general authority give permission to leave the mission. I had no idea because I leave the mission everyday. I didn't even know the boundaries to the mission. But the bad part is the end of our mission is the street called Greenback. She lives 100ft north of Greenback so she is out of our mission 100ft. AhHHHHH Satan tried to stop us by 100ft but we overcame him. We had trusty Brother Steed and his family come help and everything went smoothly. Now she is taking us out to dinner this week and we will hopefully set up an appt to teach her. WOOT WOOT Thank you Brother Steed!!

Other exciting news... None really. This week was just a lot of searching and not a lot of finding but seeds are being planted and we are weeding through the bad seeds so we can find the good. I know that for sure. I can't wait and when that day comes you better believe I have my teaching face on and it is gonna rock.

Well time is short today so I will chat with you all next week. Have a great day and pray that we will find some new investigators to teach alright. Deal.

Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: