Monday, May 3, 2010

1 month (12/8/09)

Hey everyone,

I have been in California for a month now... Woot Woot!!It snowed last night. So some exciting things have happened but nothing too eventful. We found a new apt. because the members home we were living in decided to come home early from their mission so we had to promptly move out.

Monday: Pday we went bowling and I was terrible. Never got over 100 I know I know pittiful, it's just not like me. ha Then we went to teach some lessons and while we were teaching Roberto he had some deaf friends come over. 4 deaf people in one room with one conversation is pretty intense... I love deafies. The lady that came her name is Xavia she decided to have study time with us again later in the week... Potential investigator... Overall it was a good day. Oh and we got to visit Daniel and Casey who are two of me favorite deafies. We just stop by and visit them for a few minutes before heading home every once in a while. Both are unaccountable but Amazing.

Tuesday: We had interviews with the mission pres. Way cool, my first and last ones as a newbie. I was informed we have 3 new ASL sisters coming the end of January... I'm so excited. 1 is Deaf, one Hard of Hearing, the other hearing. How awesome the deaf branch is going to GROW!! Then we seached for appts for a bit because we had to move by saturday. Then off to teach Roberto and Xavia. While we were teaching them Roberto goes into his room and pulls out the Book of Mormon stories on VHS and other LDS movies, and A ton of Book of Mormon pictures. What why is he not baptized? Well he doesn't want to be quite yet so pray that he will have a change of heart soon. And Xavia loves to learn and was way interested in the Book of Mormon so hopefully she will continue to read and learn more. Then in was down south to visit Alana and Mac, they were inactive now going to a hearing ward (mac is hearing) and preparing to get sealed in the temple... best news ever they are amazing couple and we are so excited for them.

Wednesday: We passed out fliers for the Christmas party this saturday and visited with some Inactives. It was great to meet some people I have never seen before. Then we went to teach Deandre and Tequila who have not been keeping their commitments and so we are going to drop them possibly. Then it was to English Class... We had 3 people there. HAAA haa I am so happy. They enjoyed it and said they would be back next week.

Thursday: More christmas fliers. Ugh but we got to teach Xavia and add her as a new investigator. and then we went to tract up in Roseville again because we had a deaf referal and we were going to teach Ron, he lives with members comes to church everyweek but not baptized... hmmm so we decided to get on it... Sister Faust was amazing, she basically taught the lesson for us and it was beautiful to hear her testimony through her teaching. Ron is gonna be baptized. Hopefully. Tracting was cool didn't find a deafie but discovered that there is a whole other side of the road. Soon we will find the person.

Friday: Tracting was amazing talked to 26 people and met some more deafies, new ones which is the best thing in the world. Then we went to visit Ellen, she has been reading about faith in Alma 32 and I think she is starting to grow. Then we had a Dinner with the Carmichael first ward. They had a mission Christmas Party, all the missionaries sang and then did a missionary activity. It was awful, we couldn't hear the piano and we were way off and then people would stop singing and it was pathetic. So yeah no good there. but still fun to be with the zone.

Saturday: MOVE DAY we moved to our appt. it is beautiful. I love it. Granite countertops and a washer/dryer really nice. but it took all day... Then we had our branch Christmas party... we had about 90-100 people at the party. Success. I was able to meet more people and some people came that had left the church come to the party and I think it was a big step for them, opening their heart to maybe come back again.

Sunday: I taught Relief Society today. I was called at 9 and was told I was teaching then I went to a meeting at 11 and then I taught Relief Society... They understood me which is a good thing and we had a lot of participation, also good. So phew that was a success. Church was great, I love to watch people bear their testimony in sign language it is so powerful. Then we had a Blitz with the zone, it was freezing. I thought my toes were going to fall off and not one person wanted to listen to our message. Well that's missionary life. Still a good day oh and Bro. Steed invited us to their annual tree decorating party. They are the best family and I really do feel home when I am there. Life is great. So one more week down and another to go then it is the end of transfers. Weird... So next week my P-day is on Tuesday so just be aware.

For the rest of today I get to go clean the members house all day and I am so excited. Can't wait, so maybe I will write letters, maybe not I dunno. But I get to go to the temple this Thursday for a session. Ahhh I am beyond excited. This is the longest I have gone without going to the temple since I recieved my endowments. So I will chat with you all next tuesday. Great chattin with ya and hopefully some of you respond, a few of you have forgotten me...:( Oh and is someone gonna write me about the new found underground temple in guatamala I think, that I asked about a few weeks ago? you should.

LoveSister Holt
Be Happy and Keep Smiling

No comments: