Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 3 (5/3/10)





1 Random cotton candy man that we found yum!! only $1.50
2 Start of the Journey to church
3 Halfway done
4 still halfway
5 twins crazy

Yakwe family and friends,

This week has been great and I have loved every second of it. We have been so busy never any time to rest. Even today we have been going like crazy no time to email haha... So this will be quick but I will give you an update.

Monday: We went to go see a potential investigator Laji (papa) and we had a member drive us so we had the directions and we took off. I was busy taking pictures with sister Takilang as I look up and see Douglas Blvd in Roseville............. ah that is out of our mission. I can go there in the deaf program but I'm not there anymore so we left our mission and had to call and confess our sin to President then we were home late that night also but we taught a great lesson.

Tuesday: We had a small miracle. We were trying to find a house that did not exist so as we were flipping our 6th maybe 7th u-turn we turned passed a lady that Sis Fangupo knew from tracting awhile back. She didn't want us to come back the time before but this time she said yes and seemed that she really wanted us to come. We met some great people that hopefully will turn into something great.

Wednesday: Tuesday night we realized we are almost out of miles so we had to think of something we could do to save some miles. We walked to the church in the morning and contacted all the people on the way there. It rained, was freezing, tired, fun, adventure all in one. We had lots of pictures and we were so tired but it was a day to remember. Sister Fangupo and I got hit by a bike. Saw the Elders drive by a few times yelling and mocking us for walking. We walked 3.6 miles and it lasted 2 hrs 6mins. What an adventure then we had to go play volleyball and basketball for 2 hours with the Marshallese. ugh I slept good that night.

Thursday: We had Zone Conf it was great probably one of the best I have had. But it's really sad because I have realized I only have 10 months left that's less than a year I don't like it at all. It is great being here in the Marshallese program because we get to teach a lot of lessons I love it so much. I am always teaching and every house that we go to we get to teach and get a return (most of them). This work is so different from the Deaf Program I get to see different things related to missionary work now and Love it.

Friday: We set up everything for Nieo's baptism on Sunday and got to talk to her about it. It was so much fun she is so ready and she is funny. Then for dinner we came to a Tongan house and did Lina's hair for a dance it was so pretty she had never worn her hair down before. They have LDS proms out here for members who want to go to a modest dance because the ones out here are really bad and sometimes they are on sundays.

Saturday: We saw most of our investigators and got them ready for Church the next day. We taught Joe (he went to the temple tour with his Girl Friend last week) we talked about families and following the example of Jesus Christ and he loved it he wants to be baptized so bad but his GF needs to get divorced first and then married then baptized. So we set up a day in July for them to get baptized and then later that month their baby will be due so it is perfect timing. One thing with the Marshallese is they were never raised to get married before having children so there is a lot of weddings before baptisms down here. But it was a great lesson and he is such a good guy. Really loves his family. We also had dinner with President Naga, the branch president for the Fijian and Marshallese branch. It was good except I have had enough Curry to last me a lifetime and I don't like it that much. and Rice lots of rice.

Sunday: we had lots of people come to church. Jeff, Joe, Linda, Nieo, and Topou but the best part of Sunday was going with Sister Takilang to receive her Patriarchal Blessing. It was so amazing I am so happy I was able to go with her. We have a great companionship and I am so lucky to be here where I am with the people. Life is great what else can I say. It has been a crazy week with lots of adventures and laughter and pictures and spirit and fun. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Love Sister Holt
Be Happy and Keep Smiling

1 comment:

Ashlie Brown said...

heidi!!!!!!!!! u look so perty!!!! i miss u so much have fun on ur mish is tongan land!