Tuesday, May 11, 2010

8 months (5/11/10)



pic 1 Nieo's baby Dijon (He has stolen my heart I love him.)
pic 2 Happy Mother's Day

Bula,
It's great to talk to all of you!! My time is short because Tongans love to feed me too much food so I have been eating all day and now I'm gonna burst!! I love Tongans and Marshallese and Fijians. Basically life is great. I am so happy with where I am at. We are having two baptisms Sunday Nieo and Valerie. We are so excited and we have lots of potential for the next couple weeks. Time is flying by and I don't know what I'm gonna do when this transfer comes to an end. It's half over already and I have been out 8 Months. I called home Sunday and mom said "Can you believe next month is your hump day?" NO, I can not it is driving me crazy I don't know where time goes. I can't believe it. I am just happy that I am loving it and Living it to the fullest.

We have had some great challenges to overcome this transfer. Satan is trying to stop us from accomplishing this great work but we know he is trying so we are armed and are fighting back. We always have to be focused if we are not we see what happens. It's so great to know we belong to the one and only true church with that Priesthood authority that we so desperately need right now. My companions are amazing and always striving to progress with me. We have been through a lot together and I am so grateful for them. It is amazing to see these people who don't have a lot but are still so willing to give. It is a huge testimony to me. One of our greatest challenges this transfer is resisting flaming hot Cheetos we are ADDICTED, they are so yummy. Maybe that's why I am getting fat.

So I guess life is great and the Church is true and I am happy still. Being a missionary rocks my socks off oh wait my knee highs, ok stupid joke, I know. Hope all you mothers had a Happy Mother's Day and that all went well. Keep up the good work and fight the fight. My new reason for living would be "Jesus didn't give His WHOLE life, so I could give HALF of mine." Think about that for a minute... then act...

Love Sister Holt

Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: