Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's 104 degrees today (6/28/10)

most exciting news...july and august NO NYLONS and when its above 100 so today i am bare legged and loving it. life is great. on to more important matters... The church is true and I am a happy missionary.
We had a great week with lots of success and beautiful people i got to meet. Richard Blessed the Sacrament yesterday and he is so---------o happy. He was grinning from ear to ear and so was I. He really loves the Gospel and loves to serve now. The blessing of being a missionary.
Sorry there is not a lot of time but yesterday I got to go to a baptism in the deaf branch.. it was so fun the members were shocked to see me. I miss my deafies they are wonderful people and they are so loving. All of them begged me to stay but I had to leave it was really hard. But the lady that was baptized, Brenda, in april I knocked on her door with Sis Georges (we were on exchanges) and I told her to come to church she said sure so she came. At church we asked if we could teach her but she said she was too busy but she would keep coming to church so the next week she was there. We kept trying to teach her but nope, then I got transfered and they finally got in to teach her and she felt the spirit and was baptized. Missonary work is a great thing and it's a testimony to me of talking to everyone because most of the time it's the ones you think won't change are the ones that do change. The elders had a baptism on Saturday. A month ago about the elders were out tracting and they saw a bald head over the fence so they started to talk to him. he was smoking a cigarette and said "I'm busy now but you can come back some other time." they thought he was just saying that, but they went back and he was just baptized. You never know who is prepared for the gospel. He quit smoking after 40 years. about 22 cigs a day. THats a lot. He is solid, has a great testimony and is funny funny.
Well a little insight to transfers... President has NO idea what he is going to do. I only have 5 transfers left so i have to be placed wisely because he wants to go to a few places before the end of my mission. So i can stay where i am, or go to stockton or to manteca. that is all i know!!
ok i have to go now but I love you all and hope you have a great week. Thanks for the love and support and letter and email and everything you do!!
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: