Monday, July 26, 2010

Howdy (7/26/10)

Hello family/friends

Today is a very beautiful day here in California, it's about 80 and I'm loving it. There is a cool breeze comin in and life is great. I am eating a cinnamon roll from walmart for $.50 can't get better than that and we are about to play a sweet game of scatter ball. Yup LIfe is great here in Carmichael.

The Training is over. 4 days from 9-4 everyday. I was exhausted but man did I learn a lot. I am so grateful I was able to go to those meetings. Now I just have to go share it will all the sisters in the mission. ha easy right. 4 days of learning and i teach them in 1 day exchanges. What I learned there has changed my mission and will change my life forever. The Prophet and his counselors really are inspired. SO is President Jardine. He is such an amazing man, best mission president in existence. They have changed the way they do things. Zone Conf. will be happening every quarter, every 3 months, along with interviews. crazy that is going to be different but it will give us more time to go out and work work, work, work. I am so excited. I have really noticed a difference in my mission already and the way I teach people.

They taught us things we already know but the focus of what and why we teach has changed. We teach the Doctrine of Christ (2 Nephi 31) we teach everything to help them receive personal revelation. Really just everything. I have learned to listen to the spirit better. I have a long long lo-----------------------ng way to go until I know how to listen to the spirit but I can recognize when it is speaking to me. Missions are SUPERB I love them. everything about them makes me want to shout for joy.

So because I was in meetings most of the time I didn't get to teach a lot of people but we did teach a few. Dawna (our hearing investigator) she is great. She came to church and loved it, learned a lot and showed us something really cool in the bible the Epistle of Jude it talks about Christ's church being mocked. Because people don't understand it. and many other things. She had never read that before and at church she felt like she should read Jude so she did. And it clicked to her. Because her friend that is a member said that he doesn't know any of his neighbors because the one that would talk to him moved and the others wont' becuase he is a mormon. then she read this chapter. and it amazed her. The one true Church will be mocked. Our church is the church that is most outwardly mocked because people don't know anything about it. she loved it and she felt really good about that. She is getting baptized on August 10 between Sister stoddard and my birthday. Aug 9 and 11. So we are going to have a baptism then a birthday party that day. So cool!! I am super excited. It is going to be so fun. She just needs to quit smoking then we are set to go. She is getting there. sSo pray for her.

Bobby is our man from the 80's he has long blonde hair and it is so beautiful. I love it. He cracks me up. But he came to church yesterday and loved it. we will see him again this week and his daughter so hopefully things will go somewhere with that one.

Something funny that i never mentioned. My responsibility in the marshallese branch was what??? RS chorister. Yup that is right there were 5 of us there and I was the one teaching all the marshallese how the hymns sound. THey will never learn with me. But I got to go back for a marriage and baptism. it was wonderful they were really happy to see me and it was good to see everyone again. I miss them lots.

Life is great as always and I can't wait to try the new things i learned this week and see how it goes. Wish me luck and pray that i can be an effective teacher to help the other sisters learn this material.

Love Sister HOlt

No comments: