Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's August Now (8/2/10)

Hello again,

I really need a new line I use that one too much. But Hello!! It's me Sister Holt, I'm a missionary inSacramento, California. Time is flying by and I feel as though I have to control over anything in my life because it all passes much too quickly. This was a good week. I went to Galt (farm town with LOTS OF COWS) for my first exchange. It was lot's of fun. Sister Smith and SIster Coffin were great they were very eager to learn and apply what they are learning to their teaching. I also learned a lot. I am going to change a lot this week on exchanges to be more organized. It is fun to work with the other sisters but I miss being with my companion in my area. Sister Stoddard is great, always up for anything and ready to work. She is a blasty.

Casey and Bobby were supposed to come to church this week but something drastic must have happened because they didn't show up. I wonder what it was. We are going to see Casey today and we are going to try to get the kids and Husband, Dan, involved. Casey really wants to be baptized but she needs her husbands support to do it because she feels it will cause too many problems in their already fragile marriage. She is strong and has been reading the book of Mormon faithfully. She read all about the 2,000 stripling warriors. Pretty cool. She loved it and is so interested about learning more and more. We are really excited for her. We hope she will continue to grow closer and start to apply the things she learns so her life so it can help her and strengthen her. Man I love being a missionary and seeing peoples lives change.

This friday we had the great opportunity to go to Camp Nauvoo in Placerville. It was great a camp full of deafies. Now the woods really are quiet when no one is talking. But we had fun taking pictures with all the kids. THey were posing us and taking funny pictures. It was superb and beautiful weather. It is a campsite the church owns and some members live there onsite as caretakers and it is a cute little house in the woods. Their son just went into the MTC for the Salt Lake mission. COol, Elder Judd. Keep an eye out for him eh?

THen on Saturday we made dinner for a member. She has had kidney failure for a little over a year now and came close to death a few times. She found a donor and had her surgery july 26th. So the missionaries made her Chicken Parmesan. We had it as well it was yummy. But when we delivered the food the man that donated his kidney was there with him. It was her friend. While I was talking to him about it I just felt the spirit so strong. I could feel his love for her and a little how much the Savior loves her that He gave His whole life for us. It was a really special moment. I was very grateful for that man and his courage to help someone out. A great testimony to me of Love, pure love. The thing is he didn't even think anything of it. He just simply said, "well if it was you wouldn't you do the same thing?" If it was me would I do the same thing? I have decided, Yes I would.

Well my Brothers and Sister it is time to say goodbye for now and I will talk to you all in a week. I love this Gospel it has blessed my life so much and the lives of the people that accept our message. It amazes me how many people are so closed they won't even listen to what we share and they miss out on so much in their life. They are so afraid it will make them happy they won't try. I am grateful that my heart has been softened and I have the message starting to grow within my heart. I pray that the seed I have planted will continue to grow so when I leave my mission it can be strong enough to stand against fierce winds. It's coming along and I am grateful for the many examples I have in my life and the strong trees around me that stand as protection against the winds. Thank you all.

I love you all,

Love Sister HOlt

Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: