Sunday, January 9, 2011

happy new year (1/1/11)

Dear Readers,
Hello it's me again just tuning in to say I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! This new year is going to be the best in the world. I love serving in Stockton and with my awesome Companion Sister Cook. I love her so much it is so great to be with her. Perfect companion for the new year. Ready to make some goals and changes in the ward and help it to grow. This year is so exciting. My third year as a missionary hahaha!! It has been crazy with all the activities and everything going on recently and prep days so not a lot of missionary work but a lot of fun.
Yesterday for new years eve we were such party animals. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with the zone and then we had a testimony meeting. It was really good a tender mercy from the Lord. A spiritual pump up for the new year. Of course i balled my eyes and yes since coming on my mission I cry a lot more, maybe more than momma, which is saying something. But it was so nice we have a great zone.
I thought I would be released as traveling sister this transfer but nope I am still going strong 5 transfers now which is weird because President said it would only be about 3 transfers. I guess he is just waiting for me to get it right. Hopefully I will pass this transfer and do it right.
Sorry again nothing much has really happened since last time, my burns are healing on my hand. And it's been really cold here lately. OHHHHH I remember something so exciting. Sister Shumway came to visit me this week. She was here for a visit and came out with Sister Cook and I for a full day. It was so wonderful. She really is amazing. i love herand miss her so much. We met some new people that are coming to church on sunday. I will let you know how that goes. pray that all the people will still come to church even with the holidays. Start the new year out right.
Well I think that is all really, Miracles happen and I love serving the Lord he is always there for me. I love Him so much He is so good to me. Watching out for me always. Church is True.
Love Sister Holt

No comments: