Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 4

This week has cruised by me, I really don't know how it is another p-day. In the MTC we say that the days feel like years and the weeks feel like days. It is the truest statement ever. I love the MTC still though it is the greatest place, I learn so much and it amazes me how much more I learn in a week. I am so happy!! The Gospel is true and I get to share that with as many people as I see. How cool is that? I'm very excited.

I have the best teachers in existence I'm sure of it. all of them are so knowledgeable and they love teaching, you can see it in their eyes and hear it in their voice, they have such passion for this gospel. It is wonderful to see. We have gospel doctrine questions that we get to ask every once in awhile and those are some of the most powerful times of the MTC. I am in aw after every discussion. This week we talked about the Atonement because we are studying lesson 2 (Plan of Salvation--Amazing) and Brother Cropper explained it in such detail no one could speak, He described to us how Christ is both mortal and immortal so his body can die but he can also overcome death. The pain he felt for each person was MORE than enough to kill a person but Christ had to tell his body to keep going. He could have died during the first 3 minutes but he didn't He kept going because there was one more soul, me, you, your loved ones, he couldn't stop because he loves all of us so much. Then he suffered the same pain on the cross because he had to do it without the help of God and after that he allowed himself to die so we could be with him again. He literally GAVE UP the ghost, he could have chosen not to die. He loves my Parents and my family, friends more than I can even imagine and he did that so I could be with them forever. It's so amazing that one person could be so selfless and full of love. But the best part is after he suffered all that pain, when he was at the lowest of the low, he felt to most joy. He had so much joy because he knew the atonement was complete and that he could have his brothers and sisters with him forever. That is where he gets his joy. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL, I LOVE JESUS CHRIST! and my teachers are amazing to share this with us and not be afraid to get emotional even though they are all Men.

Another awesome event this week was I get to go online once a week and talk to people about the gospel. One man got on whose dad had just passed away, we wanted some words of wisdom, he didn't have a religion and was just looking around. I was able to talk to him about Jesus Christ and how he feels his pain and was crying with him when his dad died. It was amazing to listen to this man's life and how a few simple questions helped him just a little. He wants to know more so Tomorrow morning I am getting back online to talk to him and help him with more questions. I am so excited. So please pray for him, pray that he will get back online and his heart with be filled with understanding and that he will listen. I am so excited and it fills me with such joy to tell people about the gospel. Even if they think I'm crazy, I know I might be crazy but not about the Gospel. That I know. This week I have changed companions for the weekly teaching practice so I will be teaching with Sis Ellsworth, her companion is Sis Call (the Deaf sister) they have been struggling with planning, teaching, and staying on topic while teaching. So they asked Sis Low and I to split and help them understand how to plan. (sis low and I are over planners I think, our teachers are always in aw when they see what we have planned they thinks it's awesome and we love planning.) So please pray that the spirit will be with us as we do that, especially Sis Low because she has to do it in Sign language. That will be next week for me.

The Temple is great and wonderful and beautiful I love it. We were able to do a session this morning. I know how much the Lord loves us. How merciful he is and what he does so we can return to him. It is amazing. I can feel so much love around me when I am there. It's a magical place, Try to go there as much as possible you will be blessed, I promise.

All of our english elders have left and we have new ones that will leave before us again. It is very exciting i know. I'm almost to my hump day in the MTC though. WOot WOOT. I've made a lot of great friends here. They are wonderful example to me and have the sweetest testimonies. I will love them forever and remember them always. This is such a great experience. I hope all of you have a wonderful week and enjoy conference this weekend. I am so excited for it, one thing i have done to prepare for it is I have read King Benjamins Address in Mosiah 2 and studied how the people prepared for his speech and I am doing that myself. I also have a list of questions that I have had for a while and I will wait to see if they are answered. It is great to do and I suggest anyone do it that wants to get a little more out of conference and to go to bed early so you stay awake for all of it.

My time is up but I love you all dearly and there are a few of you I haven't heard from yet but I know you will write me I have the faith. And send pictures and candy and whatever else you want to.... Have a great week and please always remember who you are and what you stand for.

Also dearelder.com is better then emails because reading emails takes my precious emailing time so I can enjoy them better if you dearelder.com it and I can also keep them with me becuase i can't print emails. It as easy to do as an email. Lindsay F did it and it was wonderful. Thank you for everything I love you all and hope you enjoy

Love Sister Holt
Be happy and smile

No comments: