Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 6

Hello world...

I have successfully completed my first lesson in sign language. It was awesome, I felt really good. Now I teach lesson one in sign this week... and with a different companion, Sister Ramey, she is just like Sandra so I basically love her to death. We have great fun and she is a hard worker. I celebrated my one month day already can you believe it. And I am on the countdown of days that I am here... 27 I think? It is amazing.

Ok so happenings from this past week??? We have blue box every saturday night and Elder Lingam is in my district, He is amazing, he blue boxed the Atonement. Blue box is basically charades you can't use any signs its all body language, facial expressions, and classifiers. It was amazing, he acted as though he was Jesus Christ in the Garden. He went around the room to each person and showed as if he was taking our burdens off of us and placing them on him. He was crying and acting as if the pain was so terrible. The spirit was flourishing throughout the room. I couldn't believe it, when he came to me I didn't want him to take mine for fear it would hurt him more. A great experience for me to learn. The spirit has been out of control this week, Sunday was really amazing many experiences that have really touched me.

One of my new favorite books is Jesus The Christ. I read whatever part is interesting me at the moment and it is so amazing. I've obviously been really interested in the atonement lately so I have been reading that section. It is a great book. A lot of insight into Christ's life. I really do learn so much here it about kills me.

LINDSEY JAMES is at the MTC and I saw her and her family. It is so weird to me to see her. I think she is still a little in shock but she will be great. I'm really excited for her. Two of my old roommates have left for their missions now and I'm really happy for them, they were so excited. Sister Khadgi (from Napal) and Sister Hiashi (From Japan), they are both at Temple Square so if any of you go there look for them. And tell them I say hi. They are so sweet. The day before they left Sister Khadgi gave us a head massage with this delicious oil. It was wonderful, I slept like a baby that night.

Each week at the temple we have some other regulars that come the same time. One couple is probably in their late 70's early 80's. The man can't dress himself and he struggles controlling his hands. He goes every week and He stands there while a temple worker dresses him every time. It is such a testimony to me to see this man who is so devoted to the Lord that He goes every week to the temple even though he can't do it alone. He knows the importance of it and I am so greatful for his example. He is the sweetest man and I can tell that he truley loves the Lord.

I hope all is well with you. I wouldn't know because I'm still not hearing from anyone but MOM and DAD... I dunno but I will pray real hard that this will change and I will get my letters about the Atonement. Just don't email me because I don't have enough time to read it. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love Sister Holt,
Be happy and Smile

No comments: