Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 5 (Last weeks letter that didn't send) - Letter from Heidi

Another week has come and gone. It has been a great week especially with conference and all my other activities that I have been doing here at the MTC.

A few of the things that have been going on are the TRC was good, it was a wonderful learning experience to teach with a new companion. I am back with Sis Low which I am really happy about. We get to teach the plan of salvation in Sign Language tomorrow. I am really excited, it is beatiful to watch the creation in sign language and also so real to see the atonement in sign language. I am excited to get better at showing both of these events to make it come to life for my investigators. I guess that is what the next 5 weeks are for... My class has changed to only ASL we are not allowed to use our voices in the classroom and we pick days that we can not talk at all.. it is really hard because not everyone in the mtc uses sign but we can get the point across most of the time. Also for the Relief Society conference we weren't able to get an interpreter for our deaf sister or closed captions so we had to interpret it for her. What an adventure, I'm not sure how much she got from the meeting but I learned a lot. It was fun...

Every tuesday we have a devotional and this past tues Sis Low was havign a rough week and she has been singing "Where Can I turn For Peace?" When she woke up she said if the church is true We will sing that song in one of our meetings. For the Devotional we had a hymnal fireside. Missionaries got the opportunity to get up and pick a song they wanted to sing. We sang that song, what a tender mercy for her and a nice reminder to me that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it... Also another thing is conference, I loved it everyone was so amazing. Sunday session was my favorite. President Monson is truely a prophet of God and he has the ability to speak to each individually. I loved his story about his birthday and the Warm Fuzzies. I am striving to accomplish a warm fuzzy a day. He is amazing. The other is of course Elder Holland, how strong and powerful is he? Everything he said shot straight to my heart. I was touched by everything he said. He has helped me have more confidence in my mission work and my desire to preach the word, to DECLARE the word to the world. I have continued my study of the Atonement and I really have learned so much, I would like to ask all of you that read this is you would write me and tell me what you know about the atonement and bear your testimony of how it has helped you in your life. It will be a great strengthener to me and help me in my teaching.

I am excited for the Fosters and their new home. that is great news I hope all goes well with the house. I haven't really heard from anyone else so please write me I only get letters from mom and pops which is so very lonely. But it's ok because I am really busy, but letters would be nice.

We have been focusing on pre-earth life and the creation in our teaching this week and I would like to tell you about that for a minute. After we practice teach other companions we always challenge them to go outside and walk around and look at the beautiful world God created for us, for you!! It reminds me of a special experience that I had in Bear Lake, on our hike back from Bloomington Lake. Ashlie was in the lead and she was walking fast and I was a bit behind her, walking alone. I decided to pray and I asked the Lord to remind me that this is His work and that He is real. As I was praying and looking at the beauty around Mom called from behind and said, "Heidi here they come..." I turned around and my nieces Mae and Kari were running towards me. I kneeled down and opened my arms as wide as I could. They started to slow down and I said, " Come on you can do it, run faster." They ran so fast and both of them gave me the biggest hugs I have ever had. Then my mom not too far behind ran up and gave me a hug. It was a beautiful reminder that my family is a family given to me from God. That I was able to have that experience in nature where it was just my family and me. There has never been a moment in my life more precious than that. I want all of you to try it. Try going out and praying asking God for that comfort that this world was created for you. I promise He will answer you with more than you ever expected. I know because He did for me.

I am so thankful for this Gospel and the life I have because of it. I pray you all have a great week and enjoy all you do. Lindsey James I will see you on Wednesday...can't wait... Mom good luck on your lesson sounds like it will be amazing, but that's because you are. I love you all

Love Sister Holt
Be Happy and Keep Smiling...

No comments: