Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello (9/6/2010)

It's email time again. I can't believe it. I feel like I email everyday. So this week was fun lots happened. After p day was over we went to go see some less actives and they were not there but the complex we went to was really busy because a car accident just happened outside. A little girl was hit by a car. So after it was all cleaned up we met this lady and we were talking to her about the gospel and everything. Then the lady asked us to pray for the little girl. We asked for her name and she didn't know so she said to go to her house so we could talk to her friend because he knew. We went in and they were having BIBLE STUDY... They were seventh day adventists. It was so great we sat down and joined them for 1 hour. woohoo. It was really interesting to listen to their perspective on things. and then the last 30 minutes of it they proceeded to explain to us why the Sabbath is Biblically proven to be on Saturday. Well I have a strong testimony of the gospel that the day we worship is not going to keep us from going to heaven. Heavenly Father loves us too much for that. and if you are a good disciple of Jesus Christ you are worshiping him everyday.

Wednesday we went to go see another less active and she was great loves missionaries hates church. It is great so she won't be coming but we can still visit her. As we were leaving we saw a couple moving so we went to talk to them, see if we could help but we just chatted. They were Jehovah's Witnesses. So that was another fun visit for 45 minutes. They didn't try to prove us wrong though they just wanted to discuss the differences between Churches because they were curious. It was fun they were really nice and they are selling a double wide trailer that was just remodeled in downtown sac if anyone is interested. (they asked us to advertise). So those were the two funnest encounters. The rest were just minor but it was the week of meeting people that do not agree with us.

We had some other fun things. We ate dinner with Monica and Erika we had split pea soup. It was so yummy I ate maybe 3 servings and my comp just didn't like it so sad. more for me. but then we taught them the plan of salvation to practice for real investigators. We had a great discussion and the Plan of Salvation is so cool in sign language. But one thing i realized the Lord answers out prayers. They may not be the way that we want but it happens. I know I know we teach everyone that so I should know this by now but SOme of the things i teach I have not applied to myself. So erika was talking about her friend saying Joseph Smith was a thief and liar and all of these negative things and inside erika just felt this burden of grief (i'm not sure how to say it in english) but then she said she didn't know why she felt that because it wasn't said about her. then she realized it was the holy ghost. Immediately I realized a few events on my mission when people said Joseph Smith was a molester I felt that same pain. Now I realize it's the Holy Ghost telling me that the things this person is saying is not true. I have received so many witnesses of the Holy Ghost that I never noticed. The Church is true my dear friends and I love being a missionary having the opportunity to Preach His Gospel.

Molly came to a baptism yesterday for 2 hmong girls. Elder Luke translated from Hmong to english and I translated into Sign Language it was way fun. Very good baptism. and Molly said she wants to be baptized after she goes to church a few times. WOOT WOOT a new deafie.

Now i am out of time and I love you all. I miss getting letters. I know I have been out awhile but don't forget about me.

Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: