Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March (2/28/11)

Dear Readers,,
Hello Hello its a beautiful day here in Cali and I am loving life.......... Thank you for the pictures Sandra.......... I think she is winning right now. Yeah for Bucky being home before me. THat is so great. on to the week this is going to be a short email due to NO TIME AGAIN!!!!
I love being a missionary first of all second happy birthday poppi, JJ, Jen, and Brad (i think its brads in feb right??) Sorry my mind is very forgetful these days. I just know Jen's is today yeah HAPPY day....
Miracles happen. Our wonderful Rachel is home from vacation now and we are so excited, we went over for dinner and taught her all of the plan of salvation. She accepted it and cried (said its cuz she is prego so she is emotional...ha whatever, it's the spirit) We talked to her about coming to church and she committed to come and then remembered she had to go to san fran for a shoe show for workl. so we are gonna get her next week. YEah I am so excited I love this girl so much she is such a wonderful person and would make a great addition to the Brookside ward. SHE IS SO AWESOME!!
We met a new person his name is RJ and he came to church he is 11 yrs old and loves it. We are teaching him now and hopefully his grandma soon she has been sick recently so we have to wait on that. I think it will be good to have him here his best friend is Anthony a recent convert who really loves church so its a good example.
John is doing good we haven't really had an opportunity to see him much because he has had a fever but we have an appt with him tomorrow so I am really excited about that one. We are going to teach him about Joseph Smith and the church being brought back to the earth again. It is going to be a great day.
Star and Will i am not sure what is going to happen with that family. We had a really great lesson with the kids and dad the other day about the plan of salvation and will said the prayer at the end. It makes me really sad all the kids love us and want to go to church but the mom, Star wont let them because she doesn't want to go herself. We went to their house Sunday morning to be sure they were ready for church and she let us know strait out those kids were not going to church. There may have been some very foul language involved in that conversation but we don't give up we are going over tomorrow. Woot Woot. Pray for Star to let us in.
The work goes on no matter what happens and you just have to know tht you did your best and that is all you can do. I know I have so I feel good and happy about my work here in Stockton. I love stockton and I love being a missionary.
Well time to fly.. going to play settlers of catan with the elders. TIme to show them how its done.
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: