Thursday, February 24, 2011

rainy days and mondays always get me happy (2/21/11)

dear readers...
hello its me your favorite missionry SiSter Holt,,, I am here in Sunny California where the weather is cold but the sun is a shinning. It is February you know. I am so happy to be alive and to be doing the things I am doing. Did you know that the Lord Loves us and wants each one of us to be happy and He gave us agency so we are not forced to be happy but we choose to be happy!?! It's true we could be miserable and upset but that is our choice. I am happy because it is my choice. I have not seen or taught someone that comes to us wanting to learn about the gospel in a long time, we haven't had very many returns, we don't have 8 people going to church like we did in November. But I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!! I am the happiest person in the world. Im sure people could shove me around and call me all sorts of names for being Mormon but I am so happy. I love being a missionary and I love that I have the opportunity to represent the Lord. I have the greatest gift anyone could have, a nametag and a blessing.
We met this really cool guy the other day. Sister Cookie and I are going to all the less active members the bishop gave us and if we have a little extra time we go to see one here and there. One night we had a few minutes so we stopped by someones house Rachel and she was home so we chatted with her. It went well we connected and found out she is married now and lives with her grandma. Her husband John grew up in a really hard lifestyle parents were drug addicts and abbusive all the stuff you never want to hear about. He finally escaped into the military that is when he heard about God for the first time. He is hungry for the truth.
We set up an appt to go over again and we went with our Mission Pres Wife Sister Jardine. It was so great we had an awesome lesson he wants to learn more and come to church and pray, read the Book of Mormon. I invited him to be baptized and he said yes. He is going to come to church next week and we are going to prepare him for baptism. If all goes well he should be ready the 19th of March. That would be so awesome. When I invited him to be baptized I have never felt the spirit so strong. I knew I was inviting him purely because I knew it would be a better life for him not because I wanted another baptism or because I am supposed to do it but I felt such love for him and I knew the way I could show him that love was by inviting him to be baptized. This church is all about starting again and having a fresh start. I love it so much. Hooray for repentance.
We had all the missionaries get together and we went out for our area to bring in some of the less active members. This last sunday was so amazing we had 3 people there that were found doing that activity. ahhh its so wonderful. So you see we may not have a lot of people investigating the church but we have a lot of people coming back and that is our focus right now. It is so awesome I love being a missionary. So many wonderful things you get to experience. Watching a member come in a sit next to someone who hasn't been to church in over 20 years and seeing them laugh together is the most amazing experience in your life. It is our Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness. It is our job to help these people find their way again. I have never seen the Plan of Happiness so clearly as I have these past few weeks. IT SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
That is all. I love being with sister cookie she is so wonderful and we get along so well. We went shopping today before sports so we packed our clothes that we were going to wear for sports. When we got to the church to change we were wearing the exact same outfit. hahah how does that happen. That is unity right there.
Well gotta jet
Love Sister Holt
be happy and keep smiling

No comments: