Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello (2/8/11)

Dear Readers....
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY... miracles happen everyday and the miracle comes after the trial of your faith. OH boy it was a great week. Good things are coming our way here in Stockton Cali... warm weather, lots of people, good laughs, and the GOSPEL.
We found a miracle family. We were knocking doors in the Zone leaders apt complex (they asked us to) and it went pretty well. We had a guy answer his doors in his tighty whities and we had some spanish guys talk to each other pretending they didnt understand but Sis Cook knows spanish and talked back it was great got a return with them, and knocked on Adel's door. Adel has a couple of kids, I'm not sure just how many but 3 that live at home and who are being taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She had been looking for a church for some time now. She grew up in Baptist churches and got involved and saw the things the preachers did and said and she didn't agree with it. She quit going and would try other churches here and there just to find it was all over. She had been praying for something so she knew which church to join and we knock on the door. Immediately she says "God is this my answer?" we have taught her family 1 time and we are going back tomorrow to teach them again. I pray everything goes well with them because they were supposed to come to church but did not. It may be a slow process but it will be good they will progress. It was such a tender mercy to meet them. Friday night sis cook and I were beaming from ear to ear. It is so great to be a missionary. I LOVE IT!!!
I am short on time but miracles do happen and I have seen first hand how the Gospel and trying to live a Christ like life can bless you in your life. There are some sad relationships out there and it is hard to not be selfish but you are so much happier when you are not. HAAH everyone is right this mission thing really is just a prep for your future as a spouse.
Oh by the way transfers happened last night and...................... I'm staying in STOCKTON AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am so happy and I get to stay with sister Cook for my last transfer. 6 more glorious weeks with her. Lucky her she gets to be my valentine. eghheheeh It is going to be so great. I love being here and doing what I am doing.
welp gotta run love you all and keep up the hard work at home.
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling.

No comments: