Thursday, February 24, 2011

happy valentine's day (2/14/11)

Dear Readers,
Today is Valentines day and I have the best valentine in the world, Sister Cook. Did you know that Stockton was rated America's number one most miserable city? which is ironic because it has the two happiest people living here. Sacramento was rated number 3 i think. haha Good old stats, obviously they didn't poll any missionaries for that stat. Sister Cook and I are so happy. I love being a missionary. Life truly can not get any better than right here right now. up to this point in my life I have never worked so hard and just kept going. I see little miracles everyday which keep me going. I love to meet people that have a pure heart and sincerely want to do good.
THe other day we met David he is a recent convert of about a year. He just moved to Brookside. He is briliant a mechanical engineer and can do just about any house job repair you could need. He has the purest heart. He wants to learn more about the church and how he can be a better Mormon. He reminds me a lot of Roberto that was baptized in the deaf branch almost a year ago. It just makes me so happy to see people like that and it would be my greatest desire that people would look to me and say that I have the purest heart.... I have a long way to go because I'm not the sweetest person or the most patient. He really just wants to do good and follow Jesus Christ. He is such a great example of child like faith. I could go on but I wont.
Did you know happiness is a choice, it is the greatest choice anyone could make and the best choice to make you happy is to followJesus Christ because that is going to make you the happiest. we are making progress with our investigators. Not a lot of progress but its moving along. Sometimes I wish they could move at the speed i am going but i can't force them to do anything. I am just so happy that is all i can think about right now. No matter what happened this past week I am still so happy. oh something cool I found out Sister Cook is the coordinating sister this transfer and I am training her on it. After half of my mission i finally pass on the responsibility. I am excited for her she will do such a great job. go way above and beyond my standards. she is so great.
happy valentines day... me and my compenero send you a little love for v-day!!
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling....
ps i think i'm fat because i am always eating ice cream.

No comments: