Thursday, February 24, 2011

hello (1/24/11)

Dear Readers...
hello so things are a little slow right now most of our people we were teaching are now avoiding us or not acting on what we tell them. It is really hard to see these people change and not for the better... I'm not sure what is going on but we are staying strong and not letting it get to us. We are now looking for the families that are ready to accept the gospel. That is our goal now it to FIND FIND FIND families and anyone who has an open heart. I am really excited to see what the next few weeks bring.
I am really grateful for the trials and hard times that I have because it just builds my faith and I see little tender mercies from the Lord that let me know He is there watching me and letting me know that there is an end and we will find people to teach and baptize. It's Stockton it is full of people that are looking for something better. We are going to find them.
We have met quite a few people that are great really see potential in them. One of our favorite members is trying to get his wife involved. She is so great she really loves us and is starting to open up, we haven't taught her anything but we are going to try this week. We are going to watch the Testimates and then teach her about that. Hopefully all goes well. Her husband is totally in with us and excited about it. The Casper family, JC and Rachel. I LOVE THEM. They are such wonderful people. She has been asking a lot of questions about the Church and the Temple and all sorts of things.
The Caldwell family is having a really hard time right now. A lot going on in their life and needs some prayers in their behalf. Please keep them in your prayers and I know they can get through this if they just stick together and keep their focus on Heavenly Father. They are strong.
I went on exchanges with the sisters in the Deaf Branch and up in Folsom. It was lots of fun to see all of my friends from there. We went to a RS activity for the deaf branch so we could interpret and it was so fun. Some of the members saw me walk in and the RUN over and give me a huge hug. It was so wonderful. I miss the deaf branch a lot. It is such a great place to work. And working in Folsom we got to go to Activity Days and tell the kids what it is like to be a missionary and they all got to ask questions. It was interesting to know the things that they didn't understand or were curious about. They are so cute and a lot of them want to serve a mission.
Well just keep in your prayers that we will have success in our efforts to find people to teach and that they will want it themselves and not have to pull it out of them. I can feel it coming soon some one out there wants it we just need to find them.
I love being a missionary and going home so exhausted I can't even keep my eyes open. It feels so good. And it is starting to get warm again. We had our first week of spring weather. it has been high 50's low 60's all week. And should continue to get warmer.
I love you all
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: