Thursday, February 24, 2011

january (1/17/11)

Dear Readers,

Hello this has been quite a week. There are some people that we are teaching that I really love so much.... they are really working to change their lives and want to follow Christ, then we have some that just enjoy our company... We had a really great week teaching people this week and had some really great lessons. Everyone was set up for church they were all coming with no doubts. We call the first person... nope not coming.... next.... not home and not answering phone... next...stayed out too late and is too tired.... next... no answer..... very disappointed I feel what could I have done better? As we drive to church one of our investigators, Eric, is walking to church.............................Hallelujah every no is worth it to see his desire and his testimony as he is growing closer to the Savior. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

We have been pretty bold this week with a lot of our investigators telling them they have to change or they know the outcome. And some of our members. It is a great feeling to just get it out there and tell them what they need to do and when they do it I can see their life change. They come to church so happy and proud. The Caldwell family is doing so good. It makes me so happy. They have been smoke free for over a week. And they have been reading the scriptures every night. They may not be getting much knowledge from it but their house is happy and their lives are better just from reading and going to church. I know how important it is to read everyday. It can really change a persons life if they would just take it seriously and really want a change in their life.

Then we have some people who are not working so hard to change their life and you can see that they are not nearly as happy as they could be. It is really sad I wish they could just see what I see, what Heavenly Father sees, they could be so happy and so just I don't know have JOY!! I really hope that they will soon, some day decide to change and come closer to the Lord. Just follow the simple things we have taught them and that's all it takes. The Lord will do the rest.

Lydias baptism was wonderful she looked beautiful. saturday she came out with us all day from 12 to 9 and just went to all the people with us. She loved it and I hope it will help her to continue with her testimony knowing what is true and what she should be doing. I pray so hard now that Lillian has been exposed to so much spirit that she will follow it and she will start to come to church and be happy. The gospel is so happy I dont know why anyone wouldn't want it.

So that is my week in a nut shell, people doing good and people not doing good.... hahaha but this week we are going to get them to change and help them to progress if they don't we are going out to find people that will progress.

The church is true and I love being a missionary and this week is going to be great I just feel it.

Have a good week....
Love Sister Holt
Be happy and keep smiling oh and President has asked that we don't talk about how soon I go home, because we all know its soon so just keep encouraging me to do my best and when it comes it comes. Until next week I bid you farewell.....

No comments: