Thursday, February 24, 2011

february (1/31/11)

Dear Readers,
February is just around the corner. I can't believe it time just flies right on by and I have no idea where it goes. Just in case some of you didn't know I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.... it is the greatest gift I have ever been given. There is so much about being a missionary that you couldn't experience in any other place. This week was much better.
Ron... dearest Ron I love him so much, he will some day have the courage to come to church and see how much it can bless his life. Until then he will be in my prayers. He texted us 2 weeks ago and said that this organization just wasn't for him right now. So we went to his house to chat with him. The spirit was so strong. I could tell that he could not progress right now and there was no way I was going to help him understand he needs to go to church to be happy...(convince him to go?!?)... So I bore testimony that right now in his life he is trying to rid himself of bad habits, if he wants to be successful he needs to replace them with good. He accepted that and said he would work on that and when he gets to that point he will come to church. I told him that his life is not going to get any easier right now because he is rejecting the gospel and that it is going to get hard. So when he is ready we are here and he can call on us anytime, night or day. He agreed and I know he will. A seed is planted and it is growing I just need to be patient. It just kills me because I know the happiness he can have, I have seen how much greater his life can be. Soon he will understand and kick himself for not doing it sooner.
Patricia... that girl just isn't ready to change either. We went over and told her the only happiness she will receive is by obeying the commandments. She promised to come to church this week. She did not come but we told her what she needs to do and explained it so it is her decision now. we did everything we can do and thats all we can. We told her we would start helping her in life when we see her at church so until then....
RACHEL... We watched the Testimates it was so good. She cried and so did I... it had been awhile since I had seen it. But then we talked about the church and Joseph Smith and everything. Her heart is softening before she wouldn't even talk about gospel subjects. Now she is asking all sorts of questions. She is so ready. We have to work slow with her but she is making progress. It is so wonderful.
So the movie Testimates.... sorry if some of you have not seen it, maybe go watch it before you read I am going to give away the ending. It was to most wonderful moment to me. I have seen this movie countless times over and over and each time it's amazing but not like it was this last time. The spirit was so strong. In the end when Jacobs father Helam gets hit and goes blind and they walk to the land Bountiful and Christ comes. Ok so Jacob feels bad that his father can not see Christ because Helam was trying to save Jacob when he got hit. Jacob is describing what Christ looks like when suddenly someone says "Helam!!" and a hand covers Helams eyes. It is Jesus Christ. The amazing part to me is everytime I have watched this I always thought Christ said "Heal him" when I watched it this time Christ calls him by name "Helam!!!!!" the spirit hit me so strong. The Lord knows each of us by name and knows our needs. It is such a powerful message. Out of all the people in the world He can walk up to me and call me by name or whisper to me by name and He knows my prayers. ahhh I love this gospel it is so wonderful.
Ok so That is my week in a nutshell and I love being a missionary. I love my companion we are so happy and it is crazy to me I am to most happy now even though things are not going smooth at all. I am working my hardest and being the most obedient not seeing much success but I feel successful because I know in my heart I am doing everything I can and that is all that is asked of me. I will see blessings in other aspects of my life. I know my Savior loves me and is mindful of the things I am going through and that is why He watches out for me and that is why I am so happy.
I love you all and HAppy FEbruARY!! TOmorrow
Love Sister HOlt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: