Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello family and friends (9/20/10)

I'm sick of saying hello family and friends but i have no other greetings so you will have to deal with it.

This week has been great. I love being a missionary and I really feel like one this past week. We had the opportunity to talk to lots of sons and daughters of God and some accepted (a very small number) but a lot were really nice. Life is great here in Sac town the weather is finally cooling off and I don't sweat do death while contacting now.

This week was a little crazy we had lots of fun Sister Stoddard was out on the deck doing her laundry and I had a flash back to bear lake. I jumped up as fast as I could and locked the door. I then made her dance for me with her arms full of laundry before I would open the door. I couldn't resist. It was really funny. On wednesday we took the district leader and his companions bike and they took our car and we went riding!! It was so fun, we went about 23 miles. I wore shoes that i had not worn in oh about 10 months and my feet killed and I have a giant blister on my foot but it was still fun. Mom I wore a helmet the whole time too. You would be so proud. We rode from Carmichael all the way to nor sac for one of our investigators. She was there and we had a quick lesson then we hurried off back to the church for our ASL class that we were teaching. Then we woke up the next day and rode out bikes 6 miles to district meeting but we didn't quite make it because the zone leaders drove by in there car and saw poor sis stoddard struggling to keep up so they turned around and picked us up. Totally not allowed but the AP's ok'd it so I guess its ok but it was so weird I felt like I was breaking the law. AWKWARD!! Thursday was a good day.

Saturday we were trying to take Molly Yang to a Temple tour but no one in the entire universe was available to take her home so we had to say next week. But we taught her the big three. Tithing, word of wisdom, and law of chastity.... She is already following all of them. So she is set up to be baptized Oct 10 woot woot woot. So it all worked out. We are going to set her up theRelief Society meeting this Saturday and church on sunday. She is great she is one of those bold, blunt, deafies that i just love. And her baby is the cutest thing on this planet.


The best part of the week would have to be Casey!! She works on sundays for a deaf client. So she is over there and basically just makes sure everything ok so we went over Sunday morning to see if they would come to church. She let us in her client was asleep so we just talked to her. She was having a really hard time and so she talked to us about everything she is experiencing right now. She had a cochlear implant about 3 months ago. Since then she has kind of lost her desire to read and pray so We talked to her about Satan tempting her a preventing her from doing the things she knows is right. We brought out a pass-a-long card with a picture of Christ and his hand stretched out for her and if she will just reach out he will be there for her. She started to cry and couldn't talk (sign) and then she spilled what has really been bugging her. We were able to help her. She couldn't come to church because her client didn't want to but next week we will get them. We set up a dinner appt with the Steed family for Thurs and she is going to get a blessing and her son and eat dinner. We are excited.

The Church is true and I love being a missionary. I really feel like a missionary because I was able to watch her accept Jesus into her life and try to follow him again. It was wonderful. I love being a missionary!!!!!!!!!

Love Sister Holt
BE happy and keep smiling.

Oh and we went to the zoo today for p-day lots of fun but i forgot my cord to email them so next week haha sorry.

No comments: