Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stockton (10/11/10)

Hi,
The greeting is the hardest part of the email for me. It's a crazy I don't know why but its just so hard. Anyway life is great I LOVE LOVE LOVE stockton. This is where its at. There are so many cool people here. I love preachin the gospel here. I feel like i should have grown up here. There are people like me.
Anyway so highlights of the week....
1. I serve in the Brookside ward with some really great people. The ward is very supportive and I know I am going to love it here. Sister Badger is great we are like two peas in a pod and it may be a bad thing because all we do is laugh ALL THE TIME... But we still get a lot of work done at the same time. We are going to baptize stockton change it from one of the most dangerous cities in the world to the safest city in the world.
2. Brookside Brotha: he is our mascott we made him the other day. We have decided to put on a ward challenge to help the feel motivated to do missionary work. We call it TIDAL WAVE... and you get a certain amount of points for everything that you do, that helps us. So giving someone a BOM or Inviting someone to church, feeding us, + extra point for dessert. etc. The ward is excited for it so it seems to be great. They are split up into groups so RS, EQ, YM, Primary, etc. They are trying to beat the others and its great.
3. We have a few people that are going to be baptized this month YEA. I am so excited because I get to work with kids now. In the deaf program there are not many children we get to teach but here is stockton its full of children. We have about 5 investigators that are 13 and younger. They are so amazing. They get it and learn so quickly. We are working for 3 of them to get baptized the 22 or 23 this month. We also have 2 deaf investigators both of which will be baptized real soon as well. We are hoping forHalloween. Cool yeah? And many others we are working with and hoping they will progress to baptism. We need a few parents to say yes, a few to come to church and after that they are done for they should be baptized. This is a great work.
4. There are people everywhere so we get to talk to lots of people every day and the people i meet and talk to I don't have to say ok the hearing missinaries will come and teach you but I get to come back and teach them. It makes me so excited although Im not used to that. Its a little weird.
5. Last but not least, stockton is home of some of the most blunt people in the universe i'm sure of it. I have been here 5 days and already been proposed to, asked on dates, and some other funny things of that nature. it's great i think its really funny and sis badger loves it to because she says now she gets a break from it. The new girl is in town. hahahaha
Well, the church is true and I love working with hearing people, I didn't think i would but there are some funny people here. Alvin Guy and Adnan (D) Clegg are feeding us squirell on thursday, they are some of our investigators. They are hilarious. always make me laugh so I will let you know how it goes and what it tastes like.
This is the one and only true work in the world. The Lord loves us so much and wants all of us to learn about Him. I have a testimony of the importance of member missionary work. Someone said to me, when we told them about the ward challenge, "oh so you are trying to get us to do your work now." I said "No WE are doing YOUR work already, we are just trying to get you to help us with it." We should all be spreading the gospel and inviting everyone around us to be a part of this glorious message. Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our responsibility to do the work we are all missionaries saving our brothers and sisters. We can't get to heaven alone. I love being a missionary.
Love sIster Holt
Be happy and keep smiling

No comments: