Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving (11/25/10)

Dear Readers,
Hello to all... I am delighted to write to you today on this wonderful day of Thanks. I am thankful for so many things.
I am thankful...
to serve our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
to be under the direction of such amazing leaders (District, Zone, President Jardine, The 12 Apostles, and Our Prophet Thomas S. Monson)
for Thomas S. Monson who has been the example of true gratitude
for my amazing Parents that support me and pray for me everyday
for my family and friends that pray for me
for health and fresh air
for the fine people of Stockton great and small
for food
to have the House of the Lord in my mission
for a wonderful companion that is just like me, Sister Badger
for members that support and love missionaries
for Conf Ensigns
for love and peace and joy and charity
for gratitude
Ok I wont bore you anymore but I am just really grateful and it seems more real to me today then it ever has been before. I love you my family. I love you friends you have all inspired me in some way or another to be better and I don't think a simple word of thanks is enough. But Thank You
On to the happenings of the week or week and a half. Lots has happened. We (Sister Badger and myself) have a great Christmas Gift for this year and it is gonna be great. We played a prank on the elders, we bought a special ingredient that when ingested turns your pee blue. So we made some brownies for our dear elders because they will eat whatever you feed them. (don't deny it, its true) and they did and then we called the medical coordinator and told her if they call a little freaked out play along with it. She was totally ready for it. But the Zone leader called us and asked us if we put anything in the brownies. We lied for as long as we could then told him yes it was us. All of the elders that ate those brownies were so worried. It was so great so prank complete now we are just thinking of more ways we can get others involved and prank them more. hahaha Mom its ok its just for fun.
I have been humbled greatly this week. When the church is locked we have to go to the far door and use a code to get in the building and the halls are always dark. before I arrived sis Badger would always run into a bench in the hallway and bruise her shins. SO she always warns me "remember the bench" well yesterday we went in to get some chairs for thanksgiving. We walk in and she gently reminds me "remember the bench" I reply mockingly "you know I see it everytime".... WHAM.... instantly I run into the drinking fountain on the other side of the hallway. Instant Humility and I have a bruise to remind me to be humble.
The past 2 days I was deathly ill. Stomach virus being passed thoughout the mission. I caught it. Yup 1 am i wake up and then every hour after that, then Sister Badger's turn, she had a little more mild course of it. I didn't eat anything but a few slices of bread for more than 48 hours and slept for almost 2 days straight. But today I am much better and just in time for piggin out on some delicious food. Although I don't know if I can pig out as much as I was planning on. So that is why I am grateful for health and fresh air. I felt so alone and closed up but all is good in the neighborhood.
Sister Badger loves me so much. the following reasons are why...
I say things to myself not trying to be funny but when it comes out they really are pretty hilarious.
I talk in my sleep, which most of you know, but now i do so happily. She wakes up often to me yelling rediculous things to her, ie. " HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO" "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S HILARIUOS" " HEY CYNTHIA NO" most of the time I scare her because it is so loud. She has now decided to try and talk back and see if I respond.
Instant Humility
I catch jokes just a second later than everyone else.
when we live together we will have an animal farm in our house
when we go home we are going to ride the train back to Stockton for a visit
Lani thinks that Sister Badger is more beautiful than me. I am beatutiful but not like S. Badger. (Love deaf bluntness)
JW came to our door yesterday. It was great. But Sister Badger and I were sick and looked like poor little homeless children so we had to listen to the other sisters handle the situation. It is quite interesting being on the other side of the door. I have learned alittle. but it was funny we were being invaded by JW's.
Well I'm sure by tomorrow we will have more stories to share and we can share them with you on Monday because that is our P-day again. Wow time flies but miracles are happening everyday. 1 of which I'm alive and healthy and don't look like a homeless child anymore.
Well to all of you Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you find humor in this email because that's another thing I am grateful for is the ability to laugh and have joy. Because I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I laugh everyday and multiple times a day.
The Church is true and God created us to have Joy and I am so grateful for it. And missionary work is what brings me the greatest Joy, and of course my Family.
So while I was sick I read the conf ensign and my favorite quote is in D. Todd Chirstofferson's talk.

Elder B. H. Roberts once expressed the process in these words: “The man who so walks in the light and wisdom and power of God, will at the last, by the very force of association, make the light and wisdom and power of God his own—weaving those bright rays into a chain divine, linking himself forever to God and God to him. This [is] the sum of Messiah’s mystic words, ‘Thou, Father, in me, and I in thee’—beyond this human greatness cannot achieve.”2 It is amazing just ponder those words for a moment.

I love you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Joyous day.

Love Sister Holt

Be happy and keep smiling


No comments: