Monday, December 27, 2010

Tis the Season (12/6/10)


Merry CHRISTmas readers,
what a great time of year. I love the Christmas season it is so wonderful. So many miracles are happening this year. I love being a missionary and serving. This past week has been so awesome. We have been working so hard trying to find people to teach and get them to church. I love the faith of young children.
I went on exchanges to the deaf branch and tongan ward. I forget how much I love both of those areas. Deaf people are so funny and gossip like crazy. I went to go see one of the recent converts while we were up there and right when we leave her house we get text after text..... saying where is holt i want to see holt... it's really funny and great to see that they love and miss me.
While i was gone my deaf companion went out faithfully with Loni our deaf member to find some deaf people. She was walking on a really ghetto street and saw a lady went up to her and talked about the gospel. The women was no interested so Sis Badger asked if she knew anyone that was deaf. the women replied sweetly, "yes I do!!" sis badger said "Great who is it?" the women said...."YOU, once i shove a pencil in between your ears." sis badger couldn't do anything but just laugh at the women as she walked away. Poor Badger, but luckily she still has her hearing.
Yesterday was the best day at church in my life.... there is nothing more satisfying then seeing the people you work with and help them to learn the truth, bear their testimony. 2 of the girls that are getting baptized, oh sorry pause for a moment. Lilian, the mom that won't let her kids get baptized well all of them are getting baptized ahahhahhaaaaahhhhhh I am so excited. Nadia on Dec 15 and Lauren Jan 5hopefully Lydia will be there for that one as well. ok so Nadia and Lauren got up and bore their testimony and Lauren was the first person even before all the members. it was so beautiful both of them talked about how they love church and they are getting baptized and the members that have helped them. Oh it is so wonderful to see these young kids learn about the truth. And some of our recent converts got up to bear their testimony of how the ward is like a family and Jesus can heal hearts that other people don't know are broken. These are all children younger than 15 and they know this truth. The rising generation is bringing the world His truth. I love this gospel and they are all bringing friends to church and coming faithfully. Bre is getting baptized on the 15 as well and man it's just so wonderful. Russell our recent convert we went to go wake him up to come to church, he said he was sick. We said as we have many times before, we promise if you come to church you will feel better. He said I know but... I cut in i'm not taking any excuses I say, "show God your faith and know you will feel better." He said ok see ya in a few. He came and thanked us for helping him to come. Church is true.
ok now for a funny story. We were tracting clipper ln. we see a man putting up his Christmas lights so we go to talk to him. We ask if he is religious, he says he is a little Star Treky. I say 'what do you mean?" he proceeds to tell us, " you know that bright star long ago that you havent' seen since and was never seen before and Jesus appeared on Mary's lap. yea that was a space ship and Jesus was beamed to the earth. He healed the sick and walked on water, performed miracles. Jesus was an Alien. That's why I am a little Star Treky." Neither of us knew how to respond to it. we just looked at each other and said "ok, have a great day you can check outmormon.org if you like." how do you respond to that.? I got nothing but it was so funny. There are some crazy stocktonites that i just love.
Well for our last Christmas miracle of the week. Sis Badger taught a teen a few months back like 7 months ago and she would never come to church. always says she will but then she never really did. So she stopped by one day and invited her to church. SHe said she would so yesterday she came to church and we invited her to be baptized and she said she is ready so now she is set up for dec 22 but we need to teach her more to get her ready for that day. Woot woot. We have so many people that are open and ready to recieve the restored gospel. I love this church it is so true and I know how if you just pray you will receive an answer. I have complete confidence to tell anyone they will receive an answer.
I love being a missionary and talking to people all day everyday. Its so awesome that i am blessed with this privelege. I love you all and merry Christmas and enjoy the season look for ways to serve others.
Love Sister Holt

No comments: