Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas (12/20/10)

Dear Readers,
Yet another week of miracles and wonderful people to tell you about...
The begining of the week went a little slower compared to the end of the week. Wednesday we had a baptism da da da da..... It was such a good baptism. We had the room full, her family was there to support her all the way. Oh it was Nadia that got baptized. Yup that's right she did it and it was so great. Her mom was there to watch and everything. The family was there for the confirmation as well. Nadia is so great I love her to death.
Thursday.... We were supposed to take the elders bikes but they forgot (go figure you think they would remember the one day they get a car....) So we kept the car but we told Ron that we had bikes and it would be great if he could meet us at the church. (our tricky little way to get him to come to a church tour) So he came and it was amazing. He walked in the church and told us if was the first time he had stepped into a mormon church. He said so can you give me a tour of the place? We told him, "well of course" So we walk into the chapel and I start talking about the sacrament table and what happens there and he says "hold on...there is no cross in the front." We told him that we celebrate the resurrection not the crusifiction so we don't use crosses. He loved it then he kept finding other things that were different with the chapel then other churches and we explained to him all of it. He noticed that we don't have stained glass windows and we told him that we like to keep it simple so there is no distractions so we can focus on the spirit. He loved it all. Then we started walking down the hall talked about the classrooms and then we ended up in the baptistry and he walks right up to it and says, "this is the closest I have ever been to a baptismal font." we talked about baptism and how it helps us to be better and improve our lives and everything the church teaches is how to improve not what we are doing wrong. He really felt the spirit. He kept saying over and over, "this is so peaceful, this is so peaceful." He never felt that way before I told him it was the spirit that he was feeling. He was confused, he asked why we don't jump up and down screaming in another language when we feel the spirit. We told him it's personal and its small and quiet its not going to yell at you. He said that's why he never felt right in other places because they yelled and jumped all over when they "felt the spirit" So before we could even invite him to come to church he said he was coming at the begining of the year and we asked if he could say the closing prayer and he said yes. He has never been willing to say the prayer. It was so great and he felt the spirit so strong in his prayer he told Heavenly Father he could feel Him because he had goose bumps. He now knows how to recognize the spirit. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY this man is over 50 years old and is recognizing the spirit for the first time in his life. He was so happy. It is the best feeling I have had in my life.
Friday.... Our Annual Temple day with President and Sister Jardine. They are so great I love them. The temple is so beautiful it was a rainy day but we had a wonderful time inside and I keep understanding more and more but the more I understand the more questions I get going through my head. It's great and I can't wait till I can go to the Temple ever week again.
We have been trying to get in contact with this women who wanted missionaries sent to her house. Every appointment she wasn't there for so we said ok 1 more try and then we are done. She had just 1 question she has been dying to ask us but she wants us there to ask the question. We set up the appt friday night. She is there and her question is "how do i join the mormons?" That is a missionaries dream right there. It is so great. So we told her what she has to do and she is set up to be baptized in January. The Church is true my dear friends. She is awesome and has quite the story of her past. it is pretty sad some of it.
Saturday.... I got to go to a baptism in Sacramento one of my little marshallese peeps. Kestiney she is one that has been taught for over 20 years. Lots of missionaries were there to support her. I love those people. And I got to see Richard and Sally my two marshallese that I miss so sosososososo much. it was so fun to see them again. They ran up to me after the baptism and gave me a huge hug. It was so nice.
Sunday... We went caroling with the whole zone again it was fun. I love Christmas time it is the best time of year.
Well I am out of time but I will talk to most of you on Saturday between 3-5 mountain time. Love you from my heart
Love Sister Holt

No comments: